NOTE: Retail modems purchased from Buckeye Broadband have a 30 day return policy. Modems are not covered by a Buckeye Broadband warranty. Manufacturer's warranty may apply.
Buckeye Media Gateway customers who choose to purchase their own modem will receive complimentary modem installation to ensure there is no disruption with the video service delivered through the Buckeye Media Gateway whole-home DVR. Please call 419-724-9800 to arrange.
Instructions for retail modem purchased from Buckeye Broadband Store
- Once purchased, the modem is associated to the customer's account.
- Take home and connect the cable line to the modem, connect power cord to the modem and into power source.
- Power on. Modem may take approximately 30 minutes to upgrade firmware. You should be connected to the internet.
- After 30 minutes, if modem can not access the Internet, call Technical Support at 419-724-9800.
Instructions for modems purchased elsewhere
- Please verify the modem is approved on the list above, prior to purchasing.
- Once purchased, connect the cable line to the back of the modem.
- Plug in the power cord and the modem will begin its boot sequence. The modem may appear to be online after only a few minutes but please allow a full 30 minutes before the next step.
- Call 419-724-9800 and follow the prompts for technical support. Inform the technical professional you purchased your own modem and need to have it associated with your account.
- There will be one or more labels on the modem itself. Locate the CMAC on one of the these labels (this label usually contains several barcodes).
***If there are no labels on the modem or the CMAC is missing, we will not be able to link the modem with your account.***
- The technical professional will run diagnostic tests to ensure the modem is compatible.
- Once confirmed, your modem is ready to access the internet.