How to Reset Your Cable Box
Resetting or rebooting your cable box is also referred to as power cycling the equipment.
- Locate the set top box (cable box) and where it is plugged into electricity.
- Only remove the power cord from electricity.
- Leave unplugged for one whole minute.
- While it is unplugged verify that all the other connections are secure to the Set Top Box.
- Plug power cord back into electricity.
- The Set Top Box will take on average about 4-5 minutes for it to come back on fully.
- While The Set Top Box is rebooting and loading info back into it, stay below channel 72 for the first 20 minutes.
Would you like to chat with a support representative?
Find a location